Ansible can be executed anywhere (your laptop, OOB machine, etc), including on a machine that is to be part of your Kubernetes cluster. The host that is executing Ansible is referred to as the “Ansible executor” in these prerequisites.
Ansible & Kubespray
- On each machine that is to part of the cluster, you have a user (
<SSH_USER>) with key-based SSH access and passwordless sudo access.
- The Ansible executor must be able to SSH into each machine in the cluster as this
<SSH_USER> using an SSH key.
- Must have Ansible version >= 2.9 and < 2.10 installed on the Ansible executor.
- Clone of Kubespray on the Ansible executor:
git clone https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/kubespray.git -b v2.15.0
- Kubespray Python dependencies installed:
sudo pip3 install -r requirements.txt or
sudo pip install -r requirements.txt
- Kubernetes packages are not installed on any machine that is to be part of the cluster.
- You can remove these with
sudo yum remove 'kube*' -y.
- We recommend also removing the Kubernetes repo if it exists.
- The current
systemd version on every machine to be part of the cluster supports
- For CentOS 7, this is systemd version
- For other distributions, this is systemd version
- [For MetalLB] At least one publicly routable, floating (i.e. not assigned) IP address.
- Clone of SLATE registration playbook on the Ansible executor:
git clone https://github.com/slateci/slate-ansible.git
- SLATE token obtained from the CLI access page.
Previous / Next