The overarching SLATE design drivers are:
- SLATE must be DevOps friendly for multi-campus platform builders and science gateway deployers
- SLATE must allow for quick patch updates, release iterations, and fast tracking of new capabilities
- SLATE should use best of breed open source technologies for growth and sustainability
- SLATE must provide centralized monitoring & analytics for all layers in the system - edge clusters, applications
- SLATE must collaborate with national cyberinfrastructure for science projects
A reference (“figurative”) architecture of the system:
The SLATE Vocabulary document sets a common language for reference for a SLATE site, roles, and software components.
The SLATE Architecture document (DRAFT) attempts to document the various components of SLATE.